We need some PHOTOS & some STUFF for the Baronial History display for the Caid 40th Anniversary Event!
We’re doing this YE OLDE SCIENCE FAIRE STYLE! I’ll be making a collage of your digital submissions, printing it out on a standing tri-fold poster board and lavishly draping a table with all your physical fabric and metal and wood submissions! If i get photocopies of stuff, I can have a ring-binder to display it so folks can browse. If we can make it work, Sigbiorn Sigmundarson will be donating a laptop running a looped series of additional photos and video clips.
I am accepting:
Physical objects in person at Council April 12, May 10th and June 14th.
Digital things via Dropbox. Deadline for digital is June 6th. Sigbiorn helped me set up a Dropbox..
Cut and paste this link to make submissions to our Dropbox.
Write me at email@example.com with questions
Dropbox Rules: Deadline for digital is June 6th. You don’t need to create an account, it will just ask you for a name that it will include with the photos. It also needs an email, but that won’t be visible to anyone else and again, it doesn’t sign you up for any services or apps. Please use your Society Name. If you want to tell me what the photos ARE, please name the files or shoot me a message with the story! Please take note that things you place in Dropbox will be visible to others ( which they would be anyhow eventually once they’re on the poster!!) and possibly also downloaded as well.
What I’m looking for:
- Physical Stuff – Anything wooden, fabric, metal or thick glass! Examples: Old shields, esp things with your arms/badge! early garb projects, early or current pieces of work you would like to display. Consider doing a ‘Before and after” that captures your improvement! Also accepted are PHOTOCOPIES of photos or scrolls, etc. No original documents, please. Nothing larger than a piece of paper. I’ll be able to display these in an 8.5 X 11 inch binder with plastic sleeves. Get it to me at COUNCIL on APRIL 12, MAY 10, JUNE 14th.
- Digital stuff to go into the Dropbox – Digital PHOTOS of events, artwork, people- esp BEFORE and AFTERS and ANNUAL Sequences– capture different years of Fighter practice or Guard, your kid growing up, you hair going gray, your encampment improving, your embroidery getting way better!
- Text files and pdfs– with quotes & quips! Poems you’ve written? Headlines from the best Gyldenholt newsletter even? I’m looking for a few lines that I can include with the photos. I will have a story prompt that I’ll put out separately for longer things…
- Scanned up images of your SCROLLS!! Old newsletters, covers of TI, anything. SCANNED PHOTOS.
- Need an app for that? Sigbiorn suggests Photoscan by Google. It eliminates glare and is free and easy to use. If you can’t figure it out/don’t have the right tools, then bring them to council and we’ll help you out! APRIL 12, MAY 10.
- Video clips– not sure if i can make these work, but let’s try! Siggy has offered up an old laptop from work and I think I can get it to run a montage of photos and videos.
Things I am not accepting for this project:
No hard copies of photos or original documents . The two I have already I can scan up- but I’m worried to loose things or have them blow away. But see above how to get help scanning them up! Please don’t submit anything too precious to leave on a table in the gym at Victorville. I won’t be able to bring the display up personally, so I don’t want to ask anyone else to take that risk on for me.
Thanks guys!! I’m hoping you’ll have fun seeing each other’s stuff in the Dropbox as we go!
Fb message me or write me at firstname.lastname@example.org