Time: Jul 26, 2020 02:00 PM Pacific Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 679 325 6748
This Gathering is for us Gyldenholters to get together and discuss what we are doing to be medieval during this Time of Plague!
Let us welcome and orient the new folks to our Barony! Ask questions!
Baronial Officers or other Gyldenholters are encouraged to share what they are doing during quarantine! What projects are you working on?
Folks who do not play in our fair Barony are of course welcome to attend, but know we will want the focus of discussion to be about GYLDENHOLT! Hizzah!
These Gyldenholt Gatherings will be a 40 min Zoom on the 1st and 3rd Thursday of each month. This does not conflict with the Royal Thursday and Gyldenholt Council on 2nd Thursday of the month.
Meeting ID: 679 325 6748
The Barony of Gyldenholt is pleased to announce the inaugural meeting of
bards, both established and aspiring. And to kick it off, the Barony of
Dreiburgen has been good enough to invite us to share in their regular
monthly bardic circle on Zoom. This get-together will be held the 4th
Thursday of the month, July 23, 2020 starting at 6:30pm. Come to sing, come to listen, come to inspire!
The time has come once again for the unbelted fighters of Caid to display their valor and artistic ability as they battle for the title of Unbelted Champion!
Site: Cedar Grove Park, 11385 Pioneer Rd, Tustin, CA 92782
Our annual Gyldenholt Unbelted Tournament will be held at Cedar Grove Park on Saturday, January 25th, 2019. The combat shall be single elimination, except that a second life may be gained by demonstration of a recent art or science project. Entries will be on display throughout the day. If you plan to take your entry into combat, please provide a photo and brief description of the piece for the display. Fighters with an arts entry will be given a token to be redeemed at the list table for a second life. There will also be a people’s choice arts and science competition, which will be open to all. A prize will be awarded to the Most Well-Rounded Fighter of the day. Entrants are encouraged to sign up at gate and enter all the contests throughout the day which are designed to not interfere with the fighting.
Donation Breakfast: There will be coffee and pastries available for all with a suggested donation of $3-4.
Donation Lunch: Upper Crust will once again host a donation lunch. This year your donation will go to support the West Coast Culinary Guild. Suggested Donation: $5
Registration information: Adult Members: $10.00; Adult Nonmembers: $15.00. Students (16-22): $5.00. Children under 16 are guests of The Barony, but parents must still sign the minor waiver form or present a valid membership card. Please make checks payable to: SCA, Inc. Barony of Gyldenholt.
Items of Importance: Cedar Grove is a dry site. Please plan to take your trash/recycling with you as this is required in our site contract.
Parking: Parking is extremely limited. We ask that the parking lot only be used for immediate loading and unloading and then for those with limited mobility. Day parking will be at Pioneer Middle School just around the Corner. Carpooling is highly recommended for this event.
Schedule of the Day:
7:00 am – Site opens.
8:00 am – General set-up.
9:00 am – Lists open.
10:00 am – Opening Court (at Their Majesty’s pleasure) followed by the Tournament.
4:00 pm – Closing Court.
6:00 pm – Site closes.
Event stewards: Lord Cellach mac Suibne (Tyler Simmons), Baron Rowen Killian, and Baroness Ceridwen Killian
Directions: Take your preferred route to the I-5 freeway in Irvine and exit Tustin Ranch Rd. Make a left and travel 2.9 miles to Pioneer Way and make a left followed by an immediate right onto Pioneer Rd. Cedar Grove Park will be on your left.
The Gyldenholt Webwright is looking for a deputy to take over the position of Webwright at Gyldenholt Anniversary in June 2020. Please read the job description below and if you think this is you please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Manage Baronial Website
- Plan, implement, manage, monitor and upgrade the Barony’s website.
- Respond to and troubleshoot all website issues.
- Identify and respond to all website security breaches.
- Ensure that the website is protected by enabling the appropriate security measures.
- Update backend services and plugins regularly.
- Conduct content audits to eliminate redundant and/or duplicate information.
- Manage Baronial Social Media
- Approve and welcome new members to the Baronial Facebook group.
- Remove any inappropriate content.
- Maintain Facebook groups and events on the Baronial page
- Manage Baronial Google Calendar
- Manage Email Redirects
- Ensure full compliance on the website and social media sites to Society and Kingdom standards.
- Provide Quarterly reports to the Kingdom Webwright
- Provide Monthly Reports to Baronial Seneschal
- General Knowledge and comfort using Web based systems.
- The ability to clearly communicate via email, phone, and in written reports.
- Dependable email access, internet, and phone access.
- Experience with Web based systems such as WordPress a plus.