The Barony of Gyldenholt is pleased to host the annual Gyldenholt-Lyondemere Yule 2020. Although our baronies may not meet in the flesh, we have engaged a capable mage who will use their magical Zoom device to allow us to partake in revelry while also attending to the health and safety of all.
Date: December 5th, 2020
Time: 5:00 PM to 9:00 PM
Event fee: $0
Schedule of Events:
- 5:00 PM – Arrive at the Main Zoom-Room. From there you will meet up with friends in a Table Zoom-Room.
- 5:20 PM – Everyone at the Main Zoom-Room for Opening Court
- 5:50 PM – Wassail song (see below for particulars)
- 6:00 PM – Go back to your Table Zoom-Room to eat and socialize with your group.
- 7:00 PM – Activity Zoom-Rooms open. People can either go directly to one of the activity Zoom-Rooms, or can come back to the Main Zoom-Room to get directions to an activity Zoom-Room they would like to attend.
Besides the delight of each other’s company, we will have:
- Main Zoom-Room. Arrival, court, wassail song, directions.
- Table Zoom-Rooms. These rooms are primarily for socializing during the dinner hour. Since Zoom allows the room attendees to move at will, these room can be used for small group chats anytime. Switching between tables is not only possible, but encouraged!
- Castle Tour Zoom-Room. If you have something you’d like to share, this room will be used to provide others a tour of your castle.
- Scribal Zoom-Room. THL Valeria Cabrielli will be teaching a scribal class.
- Medieval Trivia Zoom-Room will be hosted byDuke John Ap Gwydhaff of Holdingford. And Lady Dyrfinna Valsdottir. Get your game face on!
- Code Names Zoom-Room. Still in Beta, but a fun game for two teams.
- Jackbox Party Zoom-Room. Lord Thomas Graunt will host. Participants only need a phone or tablet to participate.
- Pictionary Zoom-Room. This room will have a host to provide the words. Expect a few medieval words sprinkled into the mix.
- Kitchen Zoom-Room. This room is for things pertaining to cooking and recipes.
- Bardic Circle Zoom-Room. Lord Silenous from Lyondemere will be hosting. For the Bardic Circle, the theme will be Ghosts of Winter Solstices’ Past. Bring stories, songs, and poetry about ghosts, goblins, and wintertime festivities. But nothing too scary, we must mind the little ones
- Because the Table Zoom-Rooms will remain open for the entire evening, please feel free to use them for such things as: children’s meet-up rooms, general chat rooms, etc.
- If you would like to add a bit of Historical Holiday Cheer, some of our members have graciously submitted such for your gastronomical enjoyment. You might want to take photos to share during the event.
- We will be singing along to the Wassail song. Master Beorn of the Northern Seas has graciously accepted Their Excellences’ invitation to lead the song. Sing along with Master Beorn (on mute to avoid the atrocities of Internet-lag!)
- Baroness Asakura Machime has found some wonderful coloring pages about the Middle Ages that children (or adults) will enjoy.
- For those looking for a bit more of a challenge, Baroness Arwen Baird of Lyondemere has found some holiday patterns
Yule Feast Recipes – http://wp.sca-gyldenholt.org/2020/11/21/yule-feast-recipes/
Ginger Bread Recipe – http://www.godecookery.com/ginger/ginger.htm
Space is limited to 100 Zoom participants (with each device/computer, not person, being one participant).
*** You must be on the latest version of Zoom to take advantage of our rooms *** https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362233-Upgrade-update-to-the-latest-version
Please RSVP by email to: email@example.com. Let us know how many Zoom participant slots you require.
The Zoom link will be provided in this Facebook event on the day of the event.
Your event stewards are: Lady Dyrfinna Valsdottir and Lady Muriel O’Dooley.
For questions or comments, email to the above address.